I'm aware that new sign ups are not able to receive the email confirmation notification, due to google has disabled the SMTP service. please email me at [email protected] for manual activation. We will be moving to a better platform soon.
Pag may issue direct email nyo lang ako sa [email protected]. Hindi mawawala ang site nato dahil need natin ng ganitong site para may protection tayo. Kumpara sa Social Media kung san expose ang buong buhay nyo :) Ingat baka matrace kayo. Alam nyo naman ang nature ng buhay natin sa Singapore. Ingat po sa lahat. Salamat po! :)
Important notice to those who are posting Job Advertisements on the site. Please check the proper guidelines from Tafep.sg here before posting. Read on the Words And Phrases To Avoid In Job Advertisements .
Hi to all Pinoys out there in Singapore! We are bringing up a new online community where our aim is to help each other and to integrate / blend well with other people around us here in our 2nd Home. Hope you can join us and make us your new tambayan place! An attempt to bring back pinoysg.com . For issues on the site please send your concern to [email protected] . Please don't forget to check your spam folder when checking for the confirmation email.

Average salary to survive in Singapore?

Hi to all,

I found this website sa www.pinoyau.info. I'm also still here in Singapore and also having a dilemma whether should i migrate to Australia or just stay here in Singapore? My spouse and I are PR and stayed quite long here in Singapore for 15 years. our kids are not PR, they got rejected when we applied them. I just want to find out how much ba ang required income for you guys, especially sa mga kapwa ko PR para magkaron ng magandang pamumuhay dito sa 2nd home natin? Thanks!

Comments

• Hi Cloudy sky, in my opinion, one should al the very least mga 3k para makasurvive ang isang single dito sa SG. 2.5k is tipid tipid. 3k is enough to have a little "luho" or extra for yourself. if family with one kid. at least combined household income is around 6k to sustain their living in SG. this assumption is based on the following.

Basic Expenses for a Single:
    Common room: $750 - $850
    PUB: $50 - $80
    Transportation: $150
    Food for 1 month: $250 - $300
    Mobile Phone - $60 and up?
    Toiletries: ??
    Others: ??

$2.5k less CPF your take home will be $2000 (http://www.cpf.gov.sg/cpf_info/Online/Contri.asp)
  • For longer PR living here in SG. You should be earning at least 5k now or above. otherwise you can't live a normal with semi luxury life here in Singapore. I still do have some friends here in the Banking sector who earns 10k SGD, he's a VP of a department by the way. what I'm trying to point is... it's not impossible to achieve a high salary. and for those PR living here in Singapore. most doesn't use jobstreet anymore. we get to be contacted thru LinkedIn or by headhunters. Jobstreet or Jobsdb are those for new comers.
  • 5k is quite tough to achieve for new comers. or sometimes it depends on the field or industry you are in. those working in Maritime like superintendent, they can easily get a salary of 4 to 5k. but for those customer service position or admin pos. getting 3.5k to 4k is quite difficult.
  • @sg_pr kahit 5K medyo kulang yan para tunay kang mag enjoy sa SG. mahal ng bahay, kung Single ka baka pwede mo ma enjoy.
  • for me, at least one can truly enjoy livining in Singapore if you have a combined income with your spouse amounting to 8k. this is gross income. Imagine less cpf. Laki ng bawas.
  • Proverty in Singapore meron pala.

Hard Truths About Poverty
    1. 110,000 – 140,000 household falls under the basic living expenditure of $1250
    2. $2500 – $3000 is what you need to avoid being socially excluded (i.e. be in relative poverty)
    3. People in the bottom 20 percentile spend more than they earn.

Source: https://sg.finance.yahoo.com/news/3-hard-truths-poverty-singapore-230035808.html?linkId=14342629
  • Kaya masuwerte parin tayo kahit papanu may magandang trabaho tayo at pasahod. Utang natin sa SG ang natatamo natin.
  • edited June 2015
    it's now revealed... and the magic number is $5,943!

if you are not reaching that amount the median salary in Singapore is $3,770. means the majority of us are not earning the average.

https://sg.finance.yahoo.com/news/much-earn-above-singapore-average-000031337.html