I'm aware that new sign ups are not able to receive the email confirmation notification, due to google has disabled the SMTP service. please email me at [email protected] for manual activation. We will be moving to a better platform soon.
Pag may issue direct email nyo lang ako sa [email protected]. Hindi mawawala ang site nato dahil need natin ng ganitong site para may protection tayo. Kumpara sa Social Media kung san expose ang buong buhay nyo :) Ingat baka matrace kayo. Alam nyo naman ang nature ng buhay natin sa Singapore. Ingat po sa lahat. Salamat po! :)
Important notice to those who are posting Job Advertisements on the site. Please check the proper guidelines from Tafep.sg here before posting. Read on the Words And Phrases To Avoid In Job Advertisements .
Hi to all Pinoys out there in Singapore! We are bringing up a new online community where our aim is to help each other and to integrate / blend well with other people around us here in our 2nd Home. Hope you can join us and make us your new tambayan place! An attempt to bring back pinoysg.com . For issues on the site please send your concern to [email protected] . Please don't forget to check your spam folder when checking for the confirmation email.

Background checks

Hello all,

Ask ko lang kung gano ka intensive ang background checks sa SG? I'm living in SG applying for jobs pero all my experience is from the Philippines. Ang ginawa ko kasi sinama ko yung 6 month stay ko sa isang small company to my 1.5 years at a major company to make it 2 years. Both are based in the Philippines. Para sa mga nag direct apply dyan, Super extensive ba ang background checks nila sa previous employers mo based in the Philippines?

Comments

• Depende sa industry at size/resource ng company, may mga industry and company na sapat na yung declaration sa resume with/without employment certs. Pero kung MNCs or companies na important ang security at may resources to do and follow up the checks sinisuguro nila ung authenticity ng resume declarations.

Walang country wide standards na sinusunod dito regarding diyan, it falls down sa policy at resources ng company/employer.

• @tambay7 Thanks for that info. Very helpful. Gusto ko rin sana makarinig from employees of both MNCs and small companies na nag direct apply :)
  • @lexsanval basta ba may supporting documents ka sa mga dineclare mo sa CV mo!
  • edited April 2018
    Started with small local company then worked my way up to MNCs here. Usually hindi mo na maiisipan itanong or alamin kung anong level of background checks yung ginawa nila on you, and the bigger the company gets the more confidential yung candidate vetting process, you will not know how deep sila nag check. Unless kontakin ka ng mga previous managers/employers mo sa Pinas or school admins/registrars para sabihin sayo na "uy may tumawag dito nagtatanong about you". Otherwise, you will never know, kaya mahirap or limited ang makakasagot ng tanong na yan from a first hand experience, kasi once you're hired, you won't care anymore sa bagay na yan.

Personally, may 1 time na sabi ng previous manager ko na na kontak siya once ng isang company dito asking about me. And parents ko din 1 time sabi may tumawag sa kanila verifying info. Sa schools naman, I'm sure school admins won't bother informing all alumnis about inquiries made about them.

As long as legit lahat ng declaration/claims mo sa resume mo, you should not be worry. Kaya it is best to keep your CVs as honest/accurate as possible kasi you will never know the level of checking na ginagawa ng mga potential employers, especially MNCs and financial institutions. May mga companies na CI/BG check muna before even contacting a candidate, kaya you will never know na meron na pala mga employer na na cross out ka na just on that tiny little lie on your CV.
  • @tambay7 Thanks so much for the very useful infos :)