I'm aware that new sign ups are not able to receive the email confirmation notification, due to google has disabled the SMTP service. please email me at [email protected] for manual activation. We will be moving to a better platform soon.
Pag may issue direct email nyo lang ako sa [email protected]. Hindi mawawala ang site nato dahil need natin ng ganitong site para may protection tayo. Kumpara sa Social Media kung san expose ang buong buhay nyo :) Ingat baka matrace kayo. Alam nyo naman ang nature ng buhay natin sa Singapore. Ingat po sa lahat. Salamat po! :)
Important notice to those who are posting Job Advertisements on the site. Please check the proper guidelines from Tafep.sg here before posting. Read on the Words And Phrases To Avoid In Job Advertisements .
Hi to all Pinoys out there in Singapore! We are bringing up a new online community where our aim is to help each other and to integrate / blend well with other people around us here in our 2nd Home. Hope you can join us and make us your new tambayan place! An attempt to bring back pinoysg.com . For issues on the site please send your concern to [email protected] . Please don't forget to check your spam folder when checking for the confirmation email.

Please read...Urgent help about work issue!

My wife has been hired thru agency. An agent was actually a filipina na employed din sa agency na yon. The agency collected $3500 from her. Due to some reason na gusto namin magsama dto sa SG, nangutang kami para makapagbayad kami sa agent fee na $3500. To make the story short, she started her work in the company. She was asked to sign the contract stating that her salary is $2400/month but in actual she is receiving only $1500. As an admin staff, she was also asked to sign as witness for some workers contract...(same style...sahod this much but company is giving below the salary mentioned in the contract). Exactly 3 months later, she got pregnant. She informed her boss about the situation of her pregnancy. Just days after she informed her boss, she was called by her HR and her boss that due to her poor work performance, she will be dismissed from her job. We were surprised about the decision made by her employer. My wife tried to negotiate that if possible she can stay with the company until January. Her employer agreed but her salary was lowered down to $1100. She tried to negotiate to remove Saturday since she will be receiving $1100 only. The employer agreed but my wife gone true crying in front of them before her boss agreed to remove Sat and salary is only $1100.

My questions are:
1. Can we file a complaint for unfair dismissal due to her pregnancy issue? Or the company will just say that due to her poor performance, the company won't need her anymore?
2. About the contract that she signed and as a witness to some contract, would that affect her if let's say she will complain to MOM about unfair dismissal?
3. If MOM will investigate, would that affect her future job application here in SG?

Appreciate your advice about this matter. I don't want that this will affect my wife pregnancy especially at this very early stage.

Comments

• Hello sir may i know ung agency ng misis nyo po para maiwasan din po naloko n rin kc kami ng mga agency. Ganyan din un mga case namen naloko ng agent. Pwede k po mag file sa mom as long as may receipt ka po from agency may habol kau gaya namen wala receipt 5k binayaran sa raffles agency 1400 sahod di na namen mahabol sa mom. push nio po ang kaso sayang naman po yan sir.
  • Sir alam ko po pwede po yan ireport sa mom di naman po maapektuhan ung mga future employment nya just ask and seek advice sa mom kung anu ang best decision magagawa matutulungan po kayo nila, kc una sa lahat ung declared salary ni misis sa ipa iba po sa sasahurin nya. Masyado lugi tapos preggy pa po sya...
  • edited October 2017
    honestly, sa simula pa lang dapat nag reklamo na kayo, nag agree kayo sa illegal na activity na false declaration ng salary, naisip niyo lang na mali at dapat na mag reklamo nung hindi na pabor sa inyo yung mga pangyayari.

Since preggy naman si misis. uwi na lang sa Pinas habang ngbubuntis hanggang sa manganak, balik na lang ulit kapag ready na siya mag work. Ganun din naman mahihirapan na yan ma hire dahil buntis.

Oo maganda sana mag reklamo kayo, pero while on-going investigation bibigyan si misis mo dito ng special pass bilang witness/participant/accomplice sa investigation, waiting game yan, months ang hihintayin nun, in some cases sabi ng iba na naka experience bibigyan ng mom ng temporary work hanggang sa magka result yung kaso, pero sa case ng asawa mo na buntis hindi yan bibigyan ng MOM ng temp work, kaya mas makakabuti sa inyo na iuwi na lang siya, at sana may natutunan na next time pg balik niya di na kayo nag eengage sa ganyang illegal na gawain.

My questions are:
    1. Can we file a complaint for unfair dismissal due to her pregnancy issue? Or the company will just say that due to her poor performance, the company won't need her anymore?
    - Pwede sabihin ng company na due to poor performance talaga, since pwedeng nasa probation pa lang siya since 3-months pa lang siya, prerogative ng employer yun.

2. About the contract that she signed and as a witness to some contract, would that affect her if let's say she will complain to MOM about unfair dismissal?
    - Kung mag rereklamo kayo, syempre uungkatin ng MOM contract ng misis mo at ibang foreign employers, may investigation, questions, kung ilalabas ng employer mo as depensa na nag agree ang misis mo at nag witness pa nga siya sa ibang contract, eh MOM investigators na lang makakapag sabi kung complicit ba si misis o hindi.

3. If MOM will investigate, would that affect her future job application here in SG?
    - Hindi masasagot yan dito, only the result of the investigation will answer that question.

• @jhunmissionc If you lodge this case to MOM, i'm sure your wife work will be affected. I have friends same issue (except preggy), salary not on declared. One of them, the employer was fined, worst even if my friend had transferred to other employer . MOM send her to Philippines for a year. Nag try naman bumalik at naghanap ng work pero di narin nakahanap ng employer. Since, buntis misis mo, umuwi muna at magrelax, palamig. Mas nakaka-stress pay may hearing na ang kaso. You won't like it, kasi kelangan mo ding samahan asawa mo, could affect your work and other aspects.