I'm aware that new sign ups are not able to receive the email confirmation notification, due to google has disabled the SMTP service. please email me at [email protected] for manual activation. We will be moving to a better platform soon.
Pag may issue direct email nyo lang ako sa [email protected]. Hindi mawawala ang site nato dahil need natin ng ganitong site para may protection tayo. Kumpara sa Social Media kung san expose ang buong buhay nyo :) Ingat baka matrace kayo. Alam nyo naman ang nature ng buhay natin sa Singapore. Ingat po sa lahat. Salamat po! :)
Important notice to those who are posting Job Advertisements on the site. Please check the proper guidelines from Tafep.sg here before posting. Read on the Words And Phrases To Avoid In Job Advertisements .
Hi to all Pinoys out there in Singapore! We are bringing up a new online community where our aim is to help each other and to integrate / blend well with other people around us here in our 2nd Home. Hope you can join us and make us your new tambayan place! An attempt to bring back pinoysg.com . For issues on the site please send your concern to [email protected] . Please don't forget to check your spam folder when checking for the confirmation email.

Returning to SG as tourist: mahold ka ba sa immigration dure to unpaid mobile bill 5 yrs ago

Hi good afternoon! I would like to ask your advice/inputs:

Dati akong OFW sa singapore, hndi na narenew contract ko kaya napauwi ako sa pinas sabi ng employer ko irere apply nalang daw nila habang nasa pinas ako, pero walang sagot na from them, actually 5 yrs ago na.. so un hndi ko napa cut linya ko sa singtel since ang alam ko makakabalik pa ako, pero this year nag paplano ang office na ipadala ako sa singapore for business trip, pero may worry ako,naalala ko hindi ko na nasettle bill ko sa singtel, and ayaw ko naman may eksena sa immigration.. anyone with the same worry/experience? Thanks in advance sa sasagot

Comments

• Depende kung umabot ng 10K! Pero kung few hundreds, wala naman issue. Pagdating mo dito isettle mo na kasi.
  • have you tried contacting them, singtel? i can't imagine how much na yung late payment fee mo...for 5 years.
  • sana ma hold ka. 5 years di mo mabayad simpleng phone bill? Daming paraan para mabayaran mo yan sa loob ng limang taon. kabobohan. mga katulad mo ang nagbibigay na maduming impression sa mga foreign workers sa SG.
  • @iheartsg23 mahohold ka. bayaran mo na yan today.
  • Tinatanong pa, bakit di na lang bayaran para makalaya kna sa worries na ganyan?. So kung di ka mahohold, wala ka balak magbayad :tired_face:
  • edited March 2018
    @mariel89 this is the kind of reasoning why we have so much corruption in our government. Pinapabayaan lang ang mga hindi sumusunod sa tama. Kaya tuloy hindi umu unlad ang bansa natin at keylang makipagsaparan sa ibang bansa na tuwin na daan. The reason why SG is so successful is because of their culture of discipline and rule of law. This is the reason why getting a personal loan or credit card interest rate is so high sa pinas compared to SG. Maraming tinatakbuhan ang mga obligation katulad neto. So pleas lang, pasensya na kung tatarayan ko yung pag pa-papel mo.

Hence, no sympathies from me. The original poster laid his/her bed sana they get to lay in it.
  • I'm with Kilikili Queen on this one.

'WHEN YOU TALK, DO NOT SAY HARMFUL THINGS, BUT SAY WHAT PEOPLE NEED -- WORDS THAT WILL HELP OTHERS BECOME STRONGER"........What a load of bullsh**. If you don't say harmful things to discourage this idiot, nothing will happen, no consequences, no change. What people need? What's the purpose of the post? To clear his conscience? To get advice on how to get around it? C'mon..... What this person needs is a swift kick up the backside and to discouraging others to never doing it in the first place.
  • What the Philippines has always lacked is discipline. Just letting things slide for the sake of making ourselves feel better about and escaping the guilt of dishing out punishment. It's time to change.
  • edited March 2018
    WHEN YOU TALK, DO NOT SAY HARMFUL THINGS,

BUT SAY WHAT PEOPLE NEED --
    They need to hear it, that running away from unpaid obligations will and should haunt them in the future. And it should not be tolerated and downplayed as OK.

WORDS THAT WILL HELP OTHERS BECOME STRONGER".
    Darling, believe me, they will be stronger and better person with this wisdom.

@iheartsg23 doubt na willing ka pa bayaran yun, may mga business na nag wri-write off ng losses from uncollectible receivables every X number of years, some do it every 7 yrs, some every 8 yrs, some every 10 years. Case to case basis. What you did is wrong, pero siguro not enough para makulong ka. Ma deny entry? Malalaman mo lang kapag andun ka na mismo sa immigration.
  • I do intend to deal with this, but just thought I'd drop a line here and see if anyone else had been through this before...

To: bashers, anyway thank you for your soap box assumptions. I can only assume you have never experience being not able to renew again your contract.. pero sabi nga nila " babalik rin tayo sa pinas" sa hindi inaasahan panahon at pagkakataon.. back story? yes its tough,. and i think I don't owe explanation to everyone..Again, I just don't want any commotion in the airport that's why I'm asking, but what I get here? bunch of judgemental people..

Anyway, I coordinated this with Singtel today and they are quite happy for me to make online payments to settle the bill. No threats or nastiness, In fact, Not a big deal!!

So it will be sorted by the end of the day, and case closed.

Thanks again everyone esp. those who message me with quite nice advice, thanks for the concern people!
  • Whatever. You're only doing it coz your going back to SG "on business". Don't tell me last 5 years di ka employed?

Ikaw pa ngayun ang kawawa kase binabash ka?

No you don't owe me an explanation nor do I owe you one for my views. So beware those that in the future intend to post for advice for these types of dilemmas. Makakarinig ka talaga sakin.
  • @iheartsg23 salamat kabayan sa pagbayad mo. sana tularan ka ng lahat ng pinoy na tinakbuhan din ang responsibilidad noon.
  • I'm sorry but this person is lying. I used to work for Singtel. After a certain seasoning period after it has been declared there is no hope in recovering the amount payable (most likely a year), the debt would have been sold to a third party debt collection agency at a discounted price. Ie the debtor account and amount would have been squared off on Singtel's books and filed for a judgement against your name (with the help of the debt collection agency) at the relevant courts, then closed as a matter of going concern. These things do not linger for years, they take quick swift actions and then move on. If you use the same passport /name /date of birth or finger prints to enter Singapore I would not be surprised if court judgements are not linked to ICA systems.

Anyway, for this person to say Singtel accepted online payment today after 5 years (when the debt is no longer legally theirs to claim) is a big fat lie. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Just to be clear, I am not attempting to bash anyone, I'm just sharing facts.
  • Kaya pumapangit ang imahen ng pinoy dito or kahit san pa man bansa dahil sa ganitong gawain.

Yes mahohold ka SG IO. Papalusutin ka lang kapag binayaran mo yung utang mo.
  • @CharlesD that is way they will sort it.. and the only thing i can do is online payment., I think if someone 5 yrs ago coordinated with them and told them they are willing to pay, okay sa knila actually they are not expecting it na nga e,.so if your saying nasa 3rd party collector, i think they will refer may case to them..but again that im not sure, i will just keep my communication open with them.. thanks for the insight tho!
  • must have to pay your dues. darating ng araw mag-migrate ka, kailangan ng Clearance.
  • @iheartsg23 i don't think people here are bashing you, opinionated lang talaga lahat. and we all have different ways of telling our opinions. But if you'll look closely to the comments, isa lang pinupunto...dapat bayaran ang kailangan bayaran and wag na ulitin ulit. Good to hear you're settling it. Goodluck!
  • edited March 2018
    @carpejem Totoo yan. Yung kakilala ko, isang kembot na lang sana makakapagmigrate na to Australia kaso due to unpaid credit card sa ibang bansa, di sila makakuha ng clearance. Sayang. Hindi na rin sila pwedeng tumapak pa sa bansang yun. Nagtatago pa sa fb kasi hinahabol na ng 3rd party collecting agent. Let this be a lesson to everyone sana. Maliit man ang obligation or malaki, unpaid debts can come back to haunt you. So wag na natin paabutin sa point na saka lang magbabayad dahil kailangan mong bumalik sa bansang un.

Ito namang nagpost, siya na nga may kasalanan, siya pa galit. Matuto ka magpakumbaba kasi ikaw naman ang mali dito. At para din sayo yung sinasabi ng mga tao.
  • Hi @iheartsg23 , ano po nangyari sa inyo when you went back to Sg?
  • I'm working for starhub, tama si @CharlesD hindi na to handle ng singtel, nasa third party na dapat ang ganitong case at kahit tumawag ka pa sa singtel ssbihin lang nila sayo na tawagan mo ang third party na may hawak na neto, hindi ang singtel mismo. kaya yung ssbihin sayo na okay na I settle nyo lang within the day? I dont think so. Halos lahat ng telco ganito kalakaran. Goodluck bro , balitaan mo kmi anu mngyri sau hehe
  • in the first place kung talagang may intensyon kang bayaran di mo papaabutin ng 5years yang unsettle bills mo....kesyo yung reason mo di na na renew ang pass...haler....explain mo sa lelang mong panot....

isa lang sabihin nyan wala ka plano magbayad and it so happen na nahihirapan ka makaipon dyan sa pinas dahil madami kagaya mo mga dorobo na walang ginawa kundi mandugas....totoo ung sinasabi ni @charlesd at @michaeltan hindi na hawak ng telco ung collection papasa na nila sa legal yan at makaka received ka ng pink letter dahil nangyari na sakin yan kala ko na settle ko na lahat ung bills ko ng padala ako sa ibang lupalop ng company ko....

Pina cut ko ung phone ko one month before the expiry ng contract ko ....sabi ko na pakibigay ung unpaid and any unexpected bills....so si call agent naman no need to worry na at request na nya na pa cut at bayaran lang ung oustanding monthly bills ayos na....so ako naman naniwala sa kulokoy ksi nga one month nalang at according sa kanya di na kailangan bayaran ung one month na darating... at complaisant masyado at 2 years ako sa pinagbatuhan sakin pagpasyal ko sa SG after 5 months meron daw ako pink letter....ayun pati ung mobile pinapabayad kasama ung interest....

wala choice kundi settle hindi ko nga tinatakbuhan na pink letter pa ako...takteng buhay yan