I'm aware that new sign ups are not able to receive the email confirmation notification, due to google has disabled the SMTP service. please email me at [email protected] for manual activation. We will be moving to a better platform soon.
Pag may issue direct email nyo lang ako sa [email protected]. Hindi mawawala ang site nato dahil need natin ng ganitong site para may protection tayo. Kumpara sa Social Media kung san expose ang buong buhay nyo :) Ingat baka matrace kayo. Alam nyo naman ang nature ng buhay natin sa Singapore. Ingat po sa lahat. Salamat po! :)
Important notice to those who are posting Job Advertisements on the site. Please check the proper guidelines from Tafep.sg here before posting. Read on the Words And Phrases To Avoid In Job Advertisements .
Hi to all Pinoys out there in Singapore! We are bringing up a new online community where our aim is to help each other and to integrate / blend well with other people around us here in our 2nd Home. Hope you can join us and make us your new tambayan place! An attempt to bring back pinoysg.com . For issues on the site please send your concern to [email protected] . Please don't forget to check your spam folder when checking for the confirmation email.

For job seekers, come in! register with us now!

Hi all, I am Kian, representing SKW employment agency.

For those of you who are wanting to find a job in Singapore and unable to do so on your own, you may leave your resumes (CVs) with me and i can pair you up with potential employers.

Do take note that there will be placement fees in accordance to Ministry of Manpower's laws.

Register with us by sending your complete resumes (CVs) to [email protected]

We also provide other paid service including applying/renewing all types of passes.

Comments

• do placement fees will be paid after Spass Approval or before application?
  • Of course placement fee be paid after approval. But there will be a deposit before the interview and application of S-pass. Do come down to our office to find out more. 96348534
  • i see, same as usual agency, i have nothing further... thanks for the answer.
    i would rather be happier if you waive the deposit and placement fee can be paid after approval.
    thank you for helping my kabayans!
  • Deposit is paid up front before application then the balance is paid after approval. There is no additional charges or hidden cost. Everything are transparent.
  • What happens if they don't land a job within a certain time frame, do they get their deposit back?
  • edited April 2018
    Given that your company was only incorporated in Oct 2017, i reckon you should run a promo of waving fees until after approval, so that you can actually prove your worth as a brand spankingly new agency.
  • Deposit only payable upon arrangement of interview and it will be fully refund if the interview fail. Although it is a new company but i have been in this industry for more than 5 years.
  • edited April 2018
    Hi Everyone,

Here's a list of recruitment agencies in Singapore which don't require any fees whatsoever and registering your CV is completely free (their business model is charging the employer instead of the employee):

www.robertwalters.com.sg/
    [email protected]
    +65 6228 0200

www.michaelpage.com.sg/
    [email protected]
    +65 6533 2777

www.roberthalf.com.sg
    +65 3163 0402
    Submit resume: www.roberthalf.com.sg/jobseekers/submit-resume

www.hays.com.sg/
    +65 6223 4535
    [email protected]

www.kellyservices.com.sg/
    +65 6709 3388
    [email protected].

www.astoncarter.com/en-sg
    +65 6511 8555

....and these are just from the top of my head!

All the best to everyone!
  • Hi JuanDeLaCruz, those companies are only doing local placement that is why they can only charge the employer. Good luck trying though. And registering CV with my company is completely free, if you are mistaken. Total placement fee is 2months of salary, given that we always apply for 2 years of S-pass for the candidate. We only charge $500 deposit if you decide to attend the interview and the balance is paid once S-pass is approved. There is no additional fee of whatsoever.
  • "those companies are only doing local placement " - disagree hahaha. I'm not a local and have been placed multiple times with 4 of the companies above. Never paid a single cent - registration, interview, successful placement. And when you meet with them they normally buy you a coffee hehe.

But hey you're the expert of 5 years, what would I know :-)
  • Wao, multiple times, you must be living in Singapore for more than 10years.. congrats.. surely a veteran who can show the new guys the rope. By the way I am promoting my company’s service on this thread. And not promoting my services on any other thread because I think it is quite rude to do so. What do you think?
  • edited April 2018
    Correct me if am wrong but the way I understand it maybe these are like Head Hunters and not really an employment agency? These are known recruitment firms. I think for employment agencies, it's more of like the applicant takes in the services of the agent to help him/her find a job. Employment agencies are the ones who contact companies and market their applicants whereas recruitment firms are the ones being contacted by companies should there be a need to fill in a vacant position. In addition, 2 months salary is the usual fee that agencies charge from what I know of, though I know somebody who did not pay one time but thru salary deduction instead. Just a thought.. :)
  • @PinkPasta It depends on the business model. One way or another the agency/headhunter will get paid. Either through up front/staggered payments form employee, indirect between what they will charge employer per hour vs what clears your bank account or through a one off payment from employer.

Ultimately the value add is identical,ie you need a job. But all players in the game are bound by the same market, same MoM rules. "They can only do local, foreign, etc" - it's all rubbish... when you get a job offer you all have to apply to the same Ministry of Manpower for a pass and they won't give a toss as to which agency has organised your job offer for you, as you will be assessed based on your own individual merit vs their criteria.

So as a job seeker why bother making an upfront payment when you dont really have to. Once you've released money it can be tricky to get back especially if the agency knows you have a time bound limitation. Try chasing for your money back when you're outside the country. It's been done many times, it's all legal, it all gets swept under the rug and you'll end up just turning a blind eye and move on, then later on complain about your experience on a board like this.

An agency's true value is if they actually land you a job, in which case is when they really should be paid (again only my own personal opinion, others obviously are willing to shell money out of sheer desperation and perhaps fool themselves into a sense of security that may or may not come to fruition).

If you guys want, why don't we organise a meetup, let's get some participants and we can all share with you how you can land a job without paying up front agency fees.

Again this post is not intended to disparage original poster - just stating facts - obviously this business model works as it's quite easy to setup shop and clearly there is demand. It's usually the large established ones that don't require such upfront payments, whereas for startups, it generates a lot of easy cash flow to keep the company afloat during the early stages of operation.
  • Having said that, I have heard of some people that experienced success using an agency with an up front payment model - my suggestion is, go with a recommendation that multiple people have vetted for. Ultimately the choice is yours.
  • edited April 2018
    wow bida si coco martin @JuanDeLaCruz pero the question is.. mabuhok ba kilikili mo?

HOw about you Mr Kian @SKW_Employment do you have hairy armpits and may I smell? haha i'm just joking, just happy because it's Friday, are you single btw? :-)
  • I agree that everyone should have their choices when it comes to Employment, and I’ll be there should you guys need another option. Consultations are always free and I’ll be glad to provide my opinions should you guys need any. Thank you all and good luck.
  • Hello! Recruiter here, but sa Philippines lang lol. Recruiting firms here in SG are those who actively seeks clients and candidates. The candidates that they actively source for can then be offered a role dun sa client that they have. Also, Recruiting firms here do not necessarily take 2months off your paycheck once you land a job (mga Multi National firms usually). Yung client mismo magbabayad nun sa Recruiting firm. Rec firms here operate on a Sales/Commission based model so talagang aggressive sila in terms of growing their client portfolios and candidate experience. In short, they will not ask you for money upfront just to help you land an interview. May quota sila, pero they will not jeopardize ruining candidate experience by asking money upfront. Also, it will hurt their branding. I'm not familiar with Employment Agencies so di ko sure pano sila? But @JuanDeLaCruz pretty much summed up how Recruiting firms operate here. I'm also not discounting the thread starter's post, it's better to be well informed na rin of the choices that we have.
  • Kian, what's the deal with your placement fee... will that 2 months salary be paid right away or with terms? Will be at singapore last week of this month to look for a job together with my partner. it seems too much for a couple to be paying that big when still not earning and considering our stay there too will cost a lot.
  • @gary_garlic there are cases of people backing off from a job when the applications are processing and this cost a lot of money for the firm. So the deposit is to prevent such cases.

The free option is to walk up to a employer and have him hire you but that is certainly not the easiest way because employer have no ways to check your background and deal with problems with MOM when it arises, that is where Employment agencies comes in.

Do understand that everything we do here is legalised and have been scrutinize by the government. Everything is documented well so that no one will get ‘cheated’

If you wish to understand more in depth on how we can help you secure a job in Singapore, do come down to the office and understand more. Because opinions online are only opinions, you have to understand this opportunity from the professionals if you are having problems with landing a job.

• Hi. Can your agency help me to land a job here in singapore?
  • Diko naman nilalahat ng agency pero ingat kayo..

karamihan ung mga deposit dina nababalik hanggang sa matapos ang SVP nio.
    mabalik man ung pera, bawas na.. :)
  • yup tama si vincent...kaya ingat ingat
  • $500 deposit is purely bullshit. VAS - Value Added Shit.

K. Thanks. Bye.
  • nyahahaha.....boom diretsahan
  • Paid 15k to a certain agency while im here in ph, until now walang nangyyari. :(
  • Di ko gagawin kung ako sa inyo. Makinig kayo sa mga tao na nagsabi na mga naranasan nila.

Kung pasaway pa rin kayo, matigas ang ulo at gusto nyo pa rin sunugin ang pera nyo, eh di wow sa inyo.
  • Truelala. Nakakaasar kapag may nababasa akong naloko at nascam. Yung iba kahit nakapagbasa na dito, sumisige bayad pa rin, maipilit lang at nagbabakasali pa rin. Ang ending sayang pera. Hayyy
  • lol noon pa ako nadala sa ganyan.. never again. mag ingat kayo mga bagets dyan....