I'm aware that new sign ups are not able to receive the email confirmation notification, due to google has disabled the SMTP service. please email me at [email protected] for manual activation. We will be moving to a better platform soon.
Pag may issue direct email nyo lang ako sa [email protected]. Hindi mawawala ang site nato dahil need natin ng ganitong site para may protection tayo. Kumpara sa Social Media kung san expose ang buong buhay nyo :) Ingat baka matrace kayo. Alam nyo naman ang nature ng buhay natin sa Singapore. Ingat po sa lahat. Salamat po! :)
Important notice to those who are posting Job Advertisements on the site. Please check the proper guidelines from Tafep.sg here before posting. Read on the Words And Phrases To Avoid In Job Advertisements .
Hi to all Pinoys out there in Singapore! We are bringing up a new online community where our aim is to help each other and to integrate / blend well with other people around us here in our 2nd Home. Hope you can join us and make us your new tambayan place! An attempt to bring back pinoysg.com . For issues on the site please send your concern to [email protected] . Please don't forget to check your spam folder when checking for the confirmation email.

IT Opportunities in Singapore for Newcomers (Next generation of Pinoys in SG)

Hello Everyone!

I'm glad I found this thread. I'm aspiring to work in Singapore specifically in the IT sector and I'm not sure where to start.

I have 5 years experience in IT. For a month, I tried applying online via JobsDB and JobStreet but unsuccessful :(.
Seems prefer talaga ng employers in SG is nandoon ka.
In terms of taking my chances and going there para maghanap, I only have friends there but they can't accommodate me so all expenses manggagaling sa pocket ko.

So far, here are the "techniques" I can think of:

1. Apply online via job sites (JobsDB, JobStreet) while still here in PH
PROS:
-Most convenient way of looking for a job in SG while not in SG
-Most tipid way of looking for a job in SG if you find an employer willing to do Skype interviews

CONS:
-Not all employers prefer Skype interviews
-This seems "swertehan" as most companies in SG prefer applicants na nandoon

2. Leap of Faith
Go to SG and look for job there while living on your ipon and/or friend's/relative's accommodation. As far as I know, max of 30 days only ang tourist visa. Do or die in 30 days.

PROS:
-Higher changes of finding and landing a job IF your prospective employer prefers this arrangement
-Can be considered as a sight-seeing tour na din hehe

CONS:
-Cost! You need a significant amount of pocket money especially if wala kang accomodation there
-Most cases, you will need to leave your current job in PH. And if unsuccessful yung job hunting, you'll go back here job-less and poorer :(

3. IT agencies
Haven't tried this yet. Still in the process of researching....

To those who know other ways or simply have some feedback, please share. This will definitely help other aspirants like me din. We're the next generation of Pinoys in SG!

Thanks in advance and hoping this thread will help anyone interested in working in SG.

Comments