I'm aware that new sign ups are not able to receive the email confirmation notification, due to google has disabled the SMTP service. please email me at [email protected] for manual activation. We will be moving to a better platform soon.
Pag may issue direct email nyo lang ako sa [email protected]. Hindi mawawala ang site nato dahil need natin ng ganitong site para may protection tayo. Kumpara sa Social Media kung san expose ang buong buhay nyo :) Ingat baka matrace kayo. Alam nyo naman ang nature ng buhay natin sa Singapore. Ingat po sa lahat. Salamat po! :)
Important notice to those who are posting Job Advertisements on the site. Please check the proper guidelines from Tafep.sg here before posting. Read on the Words And Phrases To Avoid In Job Advertisements .
Hi to all Pinoys out there in Singapore! We are bringing up a new online community where our aim is to help each other and to integrate / blend well with other people around us here in our 2nd Home. Hope you can join us and make us your new tambayan place! An attempt to bring back pinoysg.com . For issues on the site please send your concern to [email protected] . Please don't forget to check your spam folder when checking for the confirmation email.

My "One in a Million" Story

Hello,

I am new here in SG, got hired last year around December. I do not know this forum hanggang nung nagwork n ko dito s SG. Masaya ako at nagpapasalamat dahil sa nangyari sakin. Gusto ko po sana makapag inspire sa mga kababayan natin n gusto din makapag work dito.
Quick background: Nasa BPO/Call Center industry po ko. 2 years as agent, 4 years as WFM and 3 years as WFM Supervisor.

Here's my "One in a million story".

Around Oct or Nov last year. I received a message from a friend about an opening in their company for WFM Manager. Sabi skin send ko daw CV ko and try, wala nman mawawala or masama kng susubukan. I sent my CV to her. Nothing fancy. as in regular lng n CV. Parang nagaapply lng ako s ibang call center. "I was never expecting anything". A few weeks after that the company called me. They set up an interview "personal" not in SG but here in PH. They have an office here. So aun, I had my initial interview with HR. Regular lng din parang interview ko s call center. Then to my surprise tinuruan nya ko ng approach. The STAR approach when answering questions. Alam ko ung STAR approach pero hindi ko inaakala n i can use it on a "real" situation.
"Situation Task Action Result"
Situation = Problema s office or isang pangyayari s work mo
Task = Ano ung role mo don s situation
Action = Ano ung ginawa mo or naiambag mo don s situation base s Task mo
Result = Ano ung naging resulta, nakatulong ka ba or lalong naka gulo.
We tried it nagtanong ulit sya at ginamit ko ung STAR approach. Maganda, straight to the point and concise. I finished the HR interview and after a few weeks. They called me again and fortunately pumasa ako s initial interview. Next is the Final Interview with the Hiring Manager. They asked me to be there sa office nila at sakto daw nasa PH ung Hiring Manager and para ma take advantage ko ung face to face interview. Halos lumabas n ung puso ko sa kaba bago mag start. Then as the interview goes on, I gained confidence and eventually naging conversational n lng. I finished the interview and went on to my job. I was satisfied, I know that i did well, I am happy and thank God for the opportunity. Whatever the result is, I am proud and confident to say that I did everything that i can to impress them. I told God that it was a great experience, masaya ako kahit anong resulta. Sabi ko, "Ikaw na bahala ah, binigay ko na lahat". I also set my mind that i will not get the post, cause again. I have no experience whatsoever sa ganong klaseng interview at pinas lng ang karanasan ko. A few weeks after that, almost a month din. I received a call and its a call that will change my life. I got hired, now I am here in SG working and living. Something that i never thought would happen to me.

Here's my advise:

1. Tiwala sa sarili
2. Continue to Improve yourself. Sa work. Sa buhay. Sa buong pagkatao mo. Matanda na tayo at alam na natin ang tama at mali
3. Get an inspiration, ako wife and kids ko inspiration ko and the hardships n nangyari sakin at saming magasawa
4. Set short and long term goal but most importantly have a clear way on how to achieve that goal
5. Expect the worst in order for you mind to adjust, this will help you think clearer if the worst happen and prepare for plan B.
6. Balance the pros and cons. If the pros outweighs the cons then go
7. Live life one day at a time
8. Everything happens for a reason
9. Alagaan ang pinagkaloob sayo, wag k ng gumawa ng kabalbalan, dahil whats given to you can be taken away. Remember "2."
10. Faith and Trust in our Lord Jesus Christ. Blessing does not mean positive outcome, blessing comes in many forms. In defeats and wins, in sickness and wellness. We are powerless without him and powerful with him. "Eto po ang pinaka importante sa lahat"

Comments

• congrats. meron ako natutunan about sa STAR approach. for future interview gagamitin ko yan hahaha.

meron pala bpo/call center hiring dito sa sg. not to discourage everyone. meron ako kakilala nag work sa big network provider at big bank as customer service rep sa hotline. usually binibigay nila na contract is 2 years. yung kakilala ko d na renew pero depende lang ata sa company or sa empleyado.
  • edited June 2019
    Ay gnon po. Mabuti at wala nmang ganon s contract ko. Unless of course hindi n marenew ung pass ko. Hahaha!
  • @zhypher33 Thanks sa pag share ng experience mo.

Etong point na to ang pinaka nagustuhan ko:

9. Alagaan ang pinagkaloob sayo, wag k ng gumawa ng kabalbalan, dahil whats given to you can be taken away.

Minsan kasi sobrang kumportable na naten sa work place and nakaka gawa ng tayo ng mga bagay na mali. Dapat yung attitude nten simula umpisa hanggang ilang taon e nde mag bago. Yung iba kasi sa una lang mabait haha
  • @Michaeltan Salamat sir. Madami kasi aq nababasa n kng ano ano n gngawa s work at dito s SG. Hehehe. Wag natin sayangin ung pagkakataon napakaraming gstong magwork dito. Wag sana natin haluan p ng kalokohan.