To all who are posting for their company Products or Services. Please consolidate it only in 1 Post. I will start deleting multiple discussion thread.
Important notice to those who are posting Job Advertisements on the site. Please check the proper guidelines from Tafep.sg here before posting. Read on the Words And Phrases To Avoid In Job Advertisements .
Hi to all Pinoys out there in Singapore! We are bringing up a new online community where our aim is to help each other and to integrate / blend well with other people around us here in our 2nd Home. Hope you can join us and make us your new tambayan place! An attempt to bring back pinoysg.com . For issues on the site please send your concern to [email protected] . Please don't forget to check your spam folder when checking for the confirmation email.
- Last Active
@Vincent17 yes, PR po sya here since 2004 pa.
Awa ng diyos, nakaka 6 interviews na ko dito and yung isang company umabot na ko sa Director after 4 back to back interviews. Umiikot na rin pwet ko at may mga kaunting crayola moments din haha. I'm on my 13th day here. Sana magka offer na rin, ito na yung moments na tanggap ko na ang lahat ng posibleng mangyari. Learning experience talaga sya and di ko makakalimutan mga pinagdaanan ko here no matter what happens. Pero syempre di tayo susuko agad, laban lang talaga. Doors close when they do, sabi nga nila. If it's for you, hindi ka palalampasin nyan.
So I'm going to give you guys a tip kahit na wala pa rin naman ako na sesecure na role here. My field is in Recruiting kasi so I have an idea how End to End Recruiting works and since nakausap ko na ang mga Recruiting friends ko here, napag aralan ko na how they work (which is sobrang LAYO from Pinas grabe!). I'm not scared of competition too, how you sell yourself is still what matters, kahit marami akong kasabayan na Pinoy. At the end of the day, it boils down to your attitude (how you presented yourself + skills + preparedness) Just today I got 3 phone calls na ulit. Ang pinaka worry ko na lang is super baba ng salary ko sa Pinas and yung foreigner quota. I said salary, mahirap i discuss yung how compensation planning works for us Recruiters so skip ko na part na yun.
This is is my technique:
1. Do cold calls sa mga Recruiters directly. In Jobstreet, may mga phone numbers ang Recruiters there. Send Whatsapp too if meron sila. Just ask if they have quota and be upfront so you won't waste your time.
2. Besides sending resumes 100x a day, be strategic. Do it at 4:00am.
3. If you have friends here, ask for a recommendation!! Magpa refer ka.
4. Tailor fit your job description sa role that you are applying for. Your resume should at least be 2 pages only. In fact when my resume was printed out by the recruiter nung interview ko kahapon, nakita ko back to back nya prinint. It was easy for her to skim through it. 13 years na ako nag wwork, sinama ko lang yung 2008 ko na role.
5. Sign up for LinkedIn. This is the platform where Recruiters connect. Find the company you're interested at, look for Recruiting employees working there, connect with them and then send them a message. Personally, I signed up for a Premium Trial which I will cancel in 30 days. I just need to maximize yung platform to connect with them.
6. Lastly, research the company and prepare! Think of this as a competition with yourself, and not everyone else's. Given na yan na million nag aapply here. But you only have your skills, attitude and yourself to compete with.
Just be positive, have the right mindset and don't be afraid to fail. Umuwi man tayo ng luhaan, at the end of the day, you did your best and you handled setbacks gracefully. I hope this helps and goodluck!!!!
Hi! On my 2nd day na dito sa SG and naka 2 in person interview na ako kahapon. I submitted application 1 month before ako mag land here. Ngayon kahit 2nd day ko pa lang, ang taas ng anxiety ko kasi naubusan na ko ng interview line up. Nag ssubmit na ako resumes here. Goodluck sa ating lahat!
IO in SG/PH no problem, 17kilos pa ang maleta ko lol.
I only have 30k pesos, and my friend will extend my pass on my 15th day here. Grabeng pagtitipid pero adventure na rin. Bahala na si batman hehehe.