I'm aware that new sign ups are not able to receive the email confirmation notification, due to google has disabled the SMTP service. please email me at [email protected] for manual activation. We will be moving to a better platform soon.
Pag may issue direct email nyo lang ako sa [email protected]. Hindi mawawala ang site nato dahil need natin ng ganitong site para may protection tayo. Kumpara sa Social Media kung san expose ang buong buhay nyo :) Ingat baka matrace kayo. Alam nyo naman ang nature ng buhay natin sa Singapore. Ingat po sa lahat. Salamat po! :)
Important notice to those who are posting Job Advertisements on the site. Please check the proper guidelines from Tafep.sg here before posting. Read on the Words And Phrases To Avoid In Job Advertisements .
Hi to all Pinoys out there in Singapore! We are bringing up a new online community where our aim is to help each other and to integrate / blend well with other people around us here in our 2nd Home. Hope you can join us and make us your new tambayan place! An attempt to bring back pinoysg.com . For issues on the site please send your concern to [email protected] . Please don't forget to check your spam folder when checking for the confirmation email.

Looking for a Job in Singapore (for old timer)

Hi sa lahat,

Maramin ng mga guide or tips Job hunting dito sa SG sa ibat ibang forum, but I decided to create a thread for old timers like me looking for a job here? Anu mga criteria nyo pala sa employer? Panu style nyo sa paghahanap?

Sharing mine...

I don’t use Jobstreet or Jobsdb anymore. I use Linkedin, then mga headhunter na kusang nag memesage sakin ng job offer.

May mga panget na Headhunter, kung saan gusto lang nila na makapag close ng client. But meron din naman na mararamdaman mo interested sila sayo at may galang.

Ayoko na mag name drop ng race. Baka mabansagan akong racist, but usually mga Local mababait.

Depende sa industry mo, for my case mga small time client or startup ang inoofferr sakin.

Yung iba ok, kasi willing mag bayad ng 6k above mga start up provided mahaba na exp mo sa field mo. (Disclaimer: eto ay para sa mga IT web na tulad ko and isa pa hindi ako sumasahod ng 6K, pang poor lang po ang sweldo ko).

Depende kung type nyo ang industry, another factor to consider is bugbugan baa ng trabaho? Madalas ba required ang OT? So far sa mga past work ko except sa Governemnt. Nagging ok naman, d naman masyadong gabi ang uwi. Nakaka uwi on time ako :) it means more time for family. :)

Comments

• same! usually jobstreet and jobsdb are good for new comers. but eventually you should be upgrading your skills and be head hunted :) otherwise barya barya lang makukuha mo sa jobstreet and jobsdb na company.
  • Hello good day!i just registered this forum and wanted to asked some advice or willing to help my condition.

By the way, i'm currently working here in Singapore as a domestic worker for almost 2 years. I was thinking that my salary is not enough for my family and in fact I'm a degree holder. So i was browsing online on how to apply like a skilled worker. I was became an Account Officer of a Microfinance company and later i passed the Professional Examination for Teachers. I got an experienced also of teaching that's why my employer asked me to teach her kids some of their assignments.

Unfortunately, my employers just migrated in Canada and i'm staying now in grandma's place.So anyone can advice me since grandma also don't need much of helperThanks and Godbless..
  • edited June 2015
    Hi ichigo143, you can try also what others are doing. Find a job and submit your resume to some instituion. The only difficulty i can see from ur situation is youve been a domestic worker for 2yrs which was already been recorded in MOM. And also its difficult if you will put on your resume that youve been a domestic worker in Singapore.
  • ..thank u..i'm working on my resume while surfing some job sites..i think they may still consider about my previous job and I will try my best to depend that I'm capable..thank u again.
  • Hi Ichigo, if possible try not to indicate you previous work as a domestic worker. same opinion as sg_pr.
  • Ohh..thanks admin..but then how if they will ask me about my doings here for a period of year??
  • How are you @ichigo143 ? been almost a year.
  • To all old timers there looking for Job. Mas mahirap ngayon maghanap at lumipat ng work. medyo understatement sinabi ko. May be i should say hindi naman impossible pero be mindful sa mga offer. mahirap makakuha ng magandang sahod depende sa situation mo. If you are among the people na sumasahod ng above 7k ingat sa paglipat unless sureball na maganda ang company at hindi pabagsak. for those who are working in MNC, i heard medyo hirap ang karamihan ng MNC dito and nag mimigrate ng operations sa ibang bansa. konting ingat lang po :)
  • maraming tumatawag sakin. Nakita raw nila (HR) ang profile ko from monster.com.sg
    try niyo mag signup and mag establish ng magandang profile don.
  • Nice salamat sa tip. :)