I'm aware that new sign ups are not able to receive the email confirmation notification, due to google has disabled the SMTP service. please email me at [email protected] for manual activation. We will be moving to a better platform soon.
Pag may issue direct email nyo lang ako sa [email protected]. Hindi mawawala ang site nato dahil need natin ng ganitong site para may protection tayo. Kumpara sa Social Media kung san expose ang buong buhay nyo :) Ingat baka matrace kayo. Alam nyo naman ang nature ng buhay natin sa Singapore. Ingat po sa lahat. Salamat po! :)
Important notice to those who are posting Job Advertisements on the site. Please check the proper guidelines from Tafep.sg here before posting. Read on the Words And Phrases To Avoid In Job Advertisements .
Hi to all Pinoys out there in Singapore! We are bringing up a new online community where our aim is to help each other and to integrate / blend well with other people around us here in our 2nd Home. Hope you can join us and make us your new tambayan place! An attempt to bring back pinoysg.com . For issues on the site please send your concern to [email protected] . Please don't forget to check your spam folder when checking for the confirmation email.

How strict is the health requirements in applying a job in SG?

Hi all, I'm a newly signed up member here.

I just want to ask how strict is the health requirements in applying a job in SG. I currently work as an IT developer here in PH for 4 years already, my work is so sedentary and that I found out that I have scoliosis since I started working but I am all fine, no pain/etc, its just that on my xray I have a curve spine/scoliosis. And my remark on my medical cert on my current work here in PH is that I belong to class B - which states 'Physically under developed or with correctible defects but often will be fit for work"... Someday, I plan to apply abroad might be in SG, but I am worried so much that SG has a different standards in health requirements or so. Does anyone here have experienced much like this?

Thank you all, God Bless

Comments

• @rjov , welkam po. Tungkol dun sa tanong mo, di ako sigurado dyan. Antayin na lang natin mag advise yung mga guru dito.
  • Hi @rjov depende sa call ng company at result ng medical. Normally company will require you to take a medical exam. And from there sasabihin kung fit k to work for the position you are applying. Pero sometimes kahit fit ang result. May call ang company whether they are ok kung may findings. Hope that helps.
  • depende yan sa findings ng doctor, factored yung job at yung sakit, since hindi naman physically exerting yang trabaho mo, baka pwede ka ma mark sa fit to work ng MD. Yung kadalasan na automatic unfit to work sa medical eh yung may mga infectious diseases, from MOM: "The medical examination screens the worker for 4 types of infectious disease (tuberculosis, HIV, syphilis and malaria) and checks if they are fit to work."
  • As long as hindi nakakahawa ang sakit mo at hindi balakid para magawa mo job mo, pipirma ang doctor kailangan lang, mag sign ng waiver ang employer mo.
  • I also have mild scoliosis and nakapasa nman ako sa medical dito :). Yung xray kasi nila is sa upper chest at hindi abot dun sa lower back ko. I'm also on I.T. btw. I think you will pass rin. good luck!