To all who are posting for their company Products or Services. Please consolidate it only in 1 Post. I will start deleting multiple discussion thread.
Important notice to those who are posting Job Advertisements on the site. Please check the proper guidelines from Tafep.sg here before posting. Read on the Words And Phrases To Avoid In Job Advertisements .
Hi to all Pinoys out there in Singapore! We are bringing up a new online community where our aim is to help each other and to integrate / blend well with other people around us here in our 2nd Home. Hope you can join us and make us your new tambayan place! An attempt to bring back pinoysg.com . For issues on the site please send your concern to [email protected] . Please don't forget to check your spam folder when checking for the confirmation email.
- Last Active
@mariel89 this is the kind of reasoning why we have so much corruption in our government. Pinapabayaan lang ang mga hindi sumusunod sa tama. Kaya tuloy hindi umu unlad ang bansa natin at keylang makipagsaparan sa ibang bansa na tuwin na daan. The reason why SG is so successful is because of their culture of discipline and rule of law. This is the reason why getting a personal loan or credit card interest rate is so high sa pinas compared to SG. Maraming tinatakbuhan ang mga obligation katulad neto. So pleas lang, pasensya na kung tatarayan ko yung pag pa-papel mo.
Hence, no sympathies from me. The original poster laid his/her bed sana they get to lay in it.
Hindi inaasahan na matatangal ako sa SG (Pass renewal rejected), at ngayon na naka settle na ako ulet sa pinas, etoh lang masasabi ko. For all the obvious reasons why we choose to work in SG (money, safety, efficiency, government, public transport, etc) when I think about life holistically, and purpose of life, and your purpose of being in this world, meron din na man pang bato ang Pinas... these are some of the things i realised
1. Sa PH, di mo ma f-feel second class citizen ka. Sa work life, home life, social life....
2. You will uncover new depths of depression in SG that you never thought was possible. Sa pinas truly happy ka and you know it.
3. Sa SG.. you're always thinking money. money money money. savings. kase pag gumastos ka, parang isip mo palagi should i have saved that. coz if your'e not saving in SG ano purpose na pinunta mo dun.
4. Hard to envisage 'forever' in the long term sense sa SG. Unless you are PR or Citizen (which is practically so out of reach now), time is always short sighted for you never know when you'll eventually have to leave. Quality of life as a result isn't as 'abundant' as it should be.
5. You will feel yourself worth more sa Pinas. Daming jobs, you get multiple job offers. Sa SG para kang ewan ko parang you're never good enough. See #1.
6. Mas mabango at malinis ang mga kilikili ng mga lalaki ng mga pinoy. Mas masarap amuyin at himurin. So smorgasboard galore kung na sa pinas ka. Lalo na pag sumakay sa jeep dami gwapo na ka sando lang kita buhok ng kilikili nila.
7. Mas marami kang family/friends network support sa pinas. Palagi ka masaya,
8. You feel like you're living your true life sa pinas. I feel repressed sa SG, kahit na matagal ako dyan, parang di ko feel na sarili ko. Like it's some short fake temporary life I was living.
I'm still greatful though for my SG experience, and just wanted to write lang that there are also positives din when coming back to Pinas (coz it's the one thing i feared the most the entire time I was there, and now that it's happened.. well.. it's not so bad afterall din pala :-) )
Obviously na ka ipon ako which is why siguro happy ako sa life sa pinas (choose to live close to work,investments etc) so sa mga bagets dyan encourage ko pa rin kayo mag SG, pero make sure you save your hard earned money lang and be prepared for the emotional side and life adjustment...